Cataloged by CNN in August 2015: “It is the exemplary economy of the region, with growth of 6% despite the deceleration”; Located in the Western Hemisphere, including 7º12’07 “and 9º38’46” North Latitude and 77º09’24 “and 83º03’07” West Longitude. It has an area of 75,517 square kilometers, with more than 1,000 miles of coastline and 1,000 islands in the Pacific and 800 miles of coastline and 600 islands in the Caribbean
- It has a privileged geographical position, between the two Americas and next to the Caribbean. 5% of world trade travels through the Panama Canal.
- Our legal currency is the American dollar.
- A system of ports and logistics experience, the world’s second largest free zone, a service economy and an international airport considered the Hub of the Americas offers convenient flight schedules designed for fast connections and uninterrupted service from end to other; also it has two other international airports with track size nationwide.
- Has the highest registration of vessels in the world, services account for the largest foreign exchange earnings. The most exported products are bananas, sugar, coffee and shrimp.
- Around 66 banks have presence among them are: Bank of Nova Scotia, Helm Bank, Bank of China, Citi bank, overseas Austrobank, Bank Credir Andorra, Capital Bank, St Georges Bank, Banistmo (Bancolombia), Creditcorp Bank, Bank General; Global Bank, Multibank, BAC …
- Headquarters of corporations such as Dell Computer, General Electric, Maersk Line Ltd (shipping), Proctor & Gamble (consumer goods), LG (electronics), Caterpillar (construction equipment), CEMEX (building materials), Nike (teams and sportswear), Heineken (beer), Merck, Pfizer, Nestle, Alstom; to name a few. Hotel chains as Marriott’s, RIU, Hard Rock, Waldorf Astoria, Hilton; International organizations such as The United Nations, OAS, UNICEF, PAHO / WHO, FAO, among others.
- We have a population of a little less than 3 million inhabitants according to the 2010 census.
- It has a complete electrification network covering the whole country, a sophisticated telecommunications system that includes, among other cellular telephone, telex and cable TV.
- According to the Department of Economic and Social Analysis of the Ministry of Finance estimated that the economy grew between the first and second quarter of 2015, at 5.7%.
- According to the latest report Galup index Welfare-Health; Panama has levels of welfare purposes in 60.5% and 52.2% in physical.
Panama offers a variety of residential options and attractive tax incentives for retirees, tourism, real estate and our tax law offers a number of comparative advantages for foreign investors, coupled with other labor, geographical and financial nature.